Thursday, April 21, 2011

Luis Tolentino

This is my good friend Luis Tolentino murdering it in Queens, his stomping grounds. I've always been a fan of the way Luis skates, fast and stylish. In this video he ollies a trash can then a set of stairs. It is pretty amazing.

I first met Luis ten years ago at the the old seaport spot downtown. Here is a video where the first trick Anthony Pappalardo does is at the spot, I couldn't find and image of the spot. I remember he always friendly to me which was uncommon for New York skaters in the late 90's when everyone thought they were so tough. Luis and I went to skate the benches at the World trade center one summer day. He tried to 5050 the ledge over the stairs and fell on his face. We went to Burger King after that and I bought him a slushy for his new shiner. Every time I see him he still doesn't forget that slushy. That is why Luis Tolentino will always be the man.

1 comment:

  1. Very sick man. That spot in queens is just ridiculous. Give me a shout if your ever thinking about filming some stuff.

    ReplyDelete